Friday, January 27, 2006

New format

Many of you have suggested that we read the entire book and then post, discuss, debate, etc....
I have to agree and think that we should carry out this suggestion for the next book for sure. I think that we all like to read quickly without interrupting the 'flow'. :-)

As far as the Birth of Venus goes, why don't we post our thoughts, feelings and so on. As Y has already done. I certainly understand that sometimes life (work) gets in the way. No worries, do the best you can.

Y ... I do have some responses to your post, but I am also a bit pressed for time at this moment, but will get back to some of the interesting issues you raised shortly.

For now... I suggest that we try to get all our responses and comments in by next Friday ( Feb 3) and choose a new book to begin.

All in favour????

2 Comments:

At 11:55, Blogger Garden Girl said...

Yes, I agree that we should read a book entirely and then post on it, I'm finding it a little confusing doing it bit by bit. I would also like it if we could come up with a list of basic questions somewhere on the blog page that can help to stir thinking when reading, but that are not necessarily required to be answered unless you want to. We could also come up with some basic questions that everyone answers upon completion, like rate the book from 1-10, would you read this author again, etc.

 
At 12:37, Blogger librarychik said...

sounds good to me.

How about people post some basic questions/thought provoking ideas that we can post as a working template?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home