Thursday, November 09, 2006

Eragon - the Movie!!!

Perhaps this is not news to everyone, but it was news to me. They have made a movie out of Eragon, and it is coming out December 15th! A month away! I had no idea. And I'm usually pretty up on these sorts of things. Don't know how this one got past me. Anyway, I've blogged about the Eragon series before. Right now it consists of two books, Eragon and Eldest, and there will be a third book to the trilogy which has not come out yet. This series was penned by the very young Christopher Paolini, who will be turning 23 this month. This is an amazing accomplishment for such a young writer. As I have said before, the books are not perfect. You can tell the author is young, the writing lacks a certain polish and flow that would come with more time and practice, but the books are still very good. So if you haven't tried them yet, give them a go and then go and see the movie. It's sure to be Dragon-licious.

5 Comments:

At 20:52, Blogger LilyMab said...

Hi Violette,

I haven't yet read anything in the Eragon series (hangs head in shame). I will try and get it read before the film comes out, especially since nearly everyone in my friend group seems to have already devoured the first book!

I've heard the books are very good - it'll be interesting to see if the film measures up. I'm also eagerly awaiting the film versions of The Spiderwick Chronicles and Stardust.

Note: Any Book Clubber who has not yet read Stardust by Neil Gaiman should give it a go - I loved it!

 
At 10:13, Blogger ypkjorli said...

Hey Ash,

I read American Gods during the summer and was no impressed, especially considering I liked the Books of Magic comic series so much. I found American Gods very slow and lacking in tension, and Shadow, the protagonist, seemed to lack motivation. Very disappointing for Neil Gaiman but I'm still game to try another of his.

 
At 15:33, Blogger Garden Girl said...

They are currently filming Spiderwick here in Montreal, they've built a big scary house and are supposedly leaving it intact (shrinkwrapped!) in anticipation that the movie will do well and they will make more.

The movie making that goes on in this city is insane. A few weeks ago I awoke in a panic because it was broad daylight outside, only to discover that it was 2am and they were filming a movie behind our building and needed it to be 'daytime' so they made it 'daytime' with a zillion lights!

Makes for good movie star spotting though...if you like that sort of thing.

 
At 08:17, Blogger LilyMab said...

You know what - I didn't like American Gods either! I did read all of it, but not really my cup of tea. I gave it to my husband, who teased me relentlessly because I was telling him to read a book that I hated, but I was right - he loved it. I think that one is a love it or hate it kind of read.

My fave Gaiman books so far are Stardust, Neverwhere, and Coraline.

 
At 08:19, Blogger LilyMab said...

Spiderwick is very cool! Holly Black, one of the two authors, blogs about seeing the film being made here:

http://blackholly.livejournal.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home