Friday, February 23, 2007

loving it

Well, I am finally reading again. Can't explain why I haven't been reading, but there it is.

Anyway, I am almost halfway through Eragon. I didn't expect to like it so much. But I love it. You can certainly see his influences, shades of Tolkien and McCaffery.

I like the way Eragon is not a perfect, all around "hero" type. He gets pouty and self indulgent. I look forward to bedtime, bc that is when I read.

I know some of you have read this book, I look forward to more....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 13:50, Blogger Violette said...

Yes, it is very good, isn't it? I enjoyed the books... but has anyone else seen the movie?? I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy it at all. I was, in fact, BORED throughout most of the film. And I don't think it's because I've read the book before, because I've been to movies where I've read the book and enjoyed them immensely (see LOTR and Harry Potter). This movie just sucked. And it's sad, because people are going to see the movie and say, well that sucked, and never want to read the book.

 
At 15:44, Blogger librarychik said...

I will have to get my hands on the next book soon. No, I haven't seen the movie, I haven't seen any movies lately actually.

See you soon Violette :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home