Monday, December 18, 2006

Another great book becomes a movie...

I don't remember if I've ever blogged about Libba Bray. She is the author of A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. These books are awesome. I picked up the first book one afternoon, desperately searching for a great new read, and it fit the bill perfectly. Set in Victorian England, it's a fantasy story about a girl named Gemma Doyle and her three friends at boarding school. Gemma has the ability to enter a magical alternate universe called "The Realms". I won't say anything else about the plot, but if you haven't checked her out yet, you should. She is currently working on a third novel for the trilogy: The Sweet Far Thing which, as far as I know, should be out next summer. And for those of you who like The Spiderwick Chronicles and Tithe, she's good friends with Holly Black. And, as the title of this post indicates, there will be a movie version of A Great and Terrible Beauty. No news on casting yet, but it's slated to be released sometime in 2008. Also check out her live journal - she's got a great sense of humour.

1 Comments:

At 08:08, Blogger Garden Girl said...

I just finished reading 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' Sunday night! I really liked it, and am giving it to two of my neices for Christmas. While I was reading it I was thinking it would make a great movie, so glad to hear that it's in the works, and that there's a 3rd book coming as well.

I also read the first Septimus Heap book, which I liked, good for 10 year olds I think.

I'm just now finishing 'The Canterbury Letters', which I'm really enjoying too.

Oh yes, and I'm about halfway through Amy Tan's newest, 'Saving Fish From Drowning' a biography really, it's amazing, really makes you think about your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home